Nurturing Tomorrow’s Achievers Since 1969
Our AHA! Moments take place in our classrooms, every day!
Celebrating the Arts at Rowntree Montessori Schools
At Rowntree Montessori Schools, we celebrate the Arts! Studies have shown that there are numerous benefits gained from integrating the Arts into a child’s education. These benefits include:
- Working in the arts helps learners to develop creative problem-solving skills.
- Teaching through the arts can present difficult concepts visually, making them easier to understand.
- Art instruction helps children with the development of motor skills, language skills, social skills, decision-making, risk-taking, and inventiveness.
- Visual arts teach learners about colour, layout, perspective, and balance, all techniques that are necessary for presentations (visual, digital) of academic work.
- Integrating art with other disciplines reaches students who might not otherwise be engaged in classwork.
- Arts experiences boost critical thinking, teaching students to take the time to be more careful and thorough in how they observe the world.
- The arts provide challenges for learners at all levels.
- Art education connects students with their own culture as well as with the wider world.
- A report by Americans for the Arts states that young people who participate regularly in the arts (three hours a day on three days each week through one full year) are four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement, to participate in a math and science fair, or to win an award for writing an essay or poem than children who do not participate.
Check out some of the Arts projects our students have been working on this year.