Summer Learning camps in July and August offer a variety of academic, extra curricular and sports programs in and around the Brampton area.
Dedicated, caring, and qualified teachers and instructors will conduct a wide variety of summer camps* that will complement and enhance your child’s academic needs and expand their extra-curricular abilities.
Camps are offered in safe environments as a morning only or full day program. We offer a variety of academic and non-academic activities focusing on Sports (Soccer, Basketball, Team Sports), Water Play, Arts & Crafts, Drama/Dance, Music, Science Discovery, Computers, and Field Trips.
The Summer Learning Camps are specially designed to allow students to continue school throughout the summer months and to get a head start for the upcoming year, while enjoying at the same time some fun and exciting summer time activities and outings.
The students have the opportunity to have the best of both worlds through a learning programme for the morning session and then participation in planned activities in the afternoon, with a scheduled field trip every week. All activities will coincide with a planned weekly theme. Parents will be given a calendar outlining the weekly events happening throughout the summer.
Our Award-Winning Summer Learning Camp has weekly pricing that starts as low as $175/week for half day and $225/week for full day, depending on the week and the campus you child attends. Summer Learning Camps are available in July and August offering the following programmes.
Academic Morning ActivitiesKindergarten Montessori Readiness
Kindergarten Readiness (JK)
- Practical Life Skills (including care of self, care of the environment, gross and fine motor development, grace and courtesy)
- Social/emotional development (including increasing self-esteem and independence, interacting with others, following directions and structured classroom routine, co-operating and sharing, expressing oneself)
- Cognitive development (including increasing attention span, concentration, and learning different concepts such as numbers, colours, shapes, the alphabet, first phonics, sounds, etc.)
Children will develop an overall comfort with being in a school environment and will be able to start Kindergarten with ease.
Prep ONE Readiness (SK)
- Develop self-confidence and a feeling of belonging
- Interact and participate in group activities
- Learn to concentrate on a task and increase attention span
- Follow structured schedules and routines
- Co-operate and develop social skills
- Be introduced to language and mathematics, focusing on recognizing the letters of the alphabet and their phonetic sounds, printing their names, recognizing numbers, counting, and other basic language and mathematics exercises leading to reading, writing, and basic arithmetic
- Develop fine and gross motor skills through physical education, arts, crafts and music.
By Senior Kindergarten, students have developed lasting friendships and memories. Some children return each summer to the fun and unique experience they have had at a Rowntree summer camp. The students are stimulated in the morning program through structured work tutorials and enjoy the ‘summer camp’ atmosphere in the afternoon that allows the children to discover all that the program has to offer ranging from creative arts to science experiments and sports and water fun in-between while at the same time developing new social relationships and rekindling friendships from years past.
- Improvement of social skills, cooperation through group work, increase of self-esteem, and development of responsibility and independence
- Introduction to reading and writing through phonics
- Introduction of basic mathematics concepts including, addition and subtraction, time telling, understanding of money and measurement
- Development of sportsmanship, team work, physical fitness, as well as creativity through arts, crafts and music
All Readiness Programmes are specially designed to allow students to continue the care they have become accustomed to and the consistency of a learning program with enrichment to continue throughout the summer months. It also allows your child to get a head start for the upcoming year. All children are placed in an age and developmentally appropriate program upon registration that prepares them for some of the expectations that will be required for the new school year. While preparing for the upcoming year, students will have the opportunity to have the best of both worlds through a learning program in the morning session and a ‘summer camp’ atmosphere in the afternoon. The children will participate in new and exciting planned activities that are based on teacher prepared themes. The parents will be given a calendar outlining each week’s events. Along with the planned activities, readiness students can participate in a planned activity or field trip outing each week.Enrichment/Tutorial Camp offering Academics, Sports, and Cultural Activities (for children entering Grades 2-8)
Fun Afternoon Activities
All students will participate in a variety of age appropriate themed activities. Some examples of activities include planting and watering flowers, dress up activities, finger painting and decorating seashells. The following weekly themes are being offered for the summer of 2019 (in random order).
Week 1 (July 5-July 9)- “Community Adventures” – 4 day week (July 1st closed)
Are you looking for a summer experience right here in your very own community? Our camp voyageurs will discover the hidden gems of our city through community helpers’ visits, crafts, and fun field trips.
Week 2 (Jul 12-16)- “It’s a Farmer’s Life for Me”
Yee-haw! Let’s hop on wagon rides, pick seasonal produce, climb straw playgrounds, and visit farm animals this week! Nature trails await your arrival.
Week 3 (Jul 19-23)- “Wave Riders”
Surf’s up! Join us while we visit some of this summer’s coolest water attractions, play games under the sun, and relax with island drinks in the shade. Summer is all about enjoying the outdoors, so grab your sunscreen and bathing suits for a week of fun in the sun.
Week 4 (Jul 26-30)- “Let’s Play Tag”
Campers will participate in friendly competition as they navigate their way through obstacle courses in a fun game of laser tag or run through kiddie obstacles.
Week 5 (Aug 4-7)- “Lights, Cameras, Action…It’s Showtime”
Grab some popcorn and let’s go to the movies! The blockbusters this summer are sure to be amazing, and you get to have front row theatre seats to view a show firsthand!
Week 6 (Aug 9 – 13)- “Art Expressions” – 4 day week
Showcase your inner artist and let your imagination flow, as you colour, design, build, and paint your way through a week of unique crafty creations.
Week 7 (Aug 16-20)- “Surf N’ Sand”
Campers will soak in the last remaining days of summer together as they enjoy local water parks and lakes. It’s time to spread out your towels on the sand and recall your lasting memories of summer.
Week 8 (Aug 23-27)- “Camp Cookout”
Join us as we embark on a culinary journey. Campers will have the opportunity to participate in a local cooking class and create scrumptious delights as they learn how to read and follow a menu.
All Readiness programmes include a variety of afternoon fun activities like water play, outdoor games, sports and field trips for full day registrants.
Please take notice that all information on the themes or activities is subject to change pending on the availability of the venues.
*Please note that all children joining our summer learning camp programme must be fully toilet trained.